New Student Advising
2024 Summer Orientation, Advising, and Registration
For more information about summer orientation and advising please check back in May 2024. For more information, visit the UCI Orientation website.
Freshmen Orientation (SPOP): https://orientation.uci.edu/first-year/index.php
- All students will be sent an email from UCI Orientation regarding registration for SPOP on May TBD.
- Incoming domestic Freshmen will register during their SPOP session (Day 1). For more information about what is expected of students for that day: https://www.arts.uci.edu/arts-spop
- Incoming international Freshmen will register with the Academic Counselors on a separate date. For more information: https://www.arts.uci.edu/arts-ispop
- An Email from email@example.com will be sent to all students once SPOP assignments have been set and will include details of advising and registration process.
- Students will be advised by and register for the fall quarter with the Arts Student Affairs team on their designated SPOP/Registration day.
- In-Person SPOP sessions will run from July through August. Participation is required for all freshmen.
Arts Transfer Advising & Registration: https://www.arts.uci.edu/arts-transfer-advising
- Incoming domestic and international transfers will be sent an email from Arts Student Affairs (firstname.lastname@example.org) on June 2 with advising and registration instructions.
- Advising and registration for fall 2024 will be on June 20 & 21 for incoming transfers. It is mandatory for students to attend one of these sessions in order to register for the fall quarter.
- Students who are unable to attend a registration session will be advised via email and will enroll at a later time. Students who do not participate in advising and registration will not be able to register for the fall quarter.
- Transfer SPOP (TSPOP) sessions will be in August. Online participation is required for all transfers.
- Transfer Student Center
- Summer Session for Transfers
*Dates and times are subject to change due to transfer numbers.
Graduate Student Orientation & Advising
- Mandatory Campuswide Orientation - TBD. Check your UCI email for registration information.
- CTSA Virtual Orientation will be sent via email.
- Program advising is conducted by the Grad Faculty Advisor of your program.
Please view the following information to supplement your Orientation:
Guide to Thrive - Use this guide to learn the different terms used on UCI's campus.
UCI General Catalogue - Refer to the Catalogue for course descriptions, university policies, prerequisite information, and major and minor requirements
About the Arts Student Affairs Office - Learn more about your Academic Counselors and the department
Graduation Requirements - Requirements to graduate with an undergraduate degree from the Claire Trevor School of the Arts at UCI
Major Requirements - Undergraduate Degree Requirements for your major
Schedule of Classes - View all of the course offerings for the upcoming quarter
New Student Checklist - View the New Student Checklist for Freshmen and Transfers
Like us on Facebook to keep up to date with student opportunities and important announcements.
- Registrar’s Office
- General Catalogue
- Schedule of Classes
- Quarterly Academic Calendar
- Student Access
- Change of Major
- General Petition
- Unit Increase Request
- FERPA Release Form
- Transferring Courses to UCI
- Study Abroad Advising Form