New Student Advising
Summer Orientation, Advising, and Registration
For more information about summer orientation and advising, please visit the UCI Orientation website.
Freshmen Orientation (SPOP): https://orientation.uci.edu/first-year.php
- All students will be notified of their assigned SPOP sessions starting June 14.
- Incoming domestic Freshmen will register during their SPOP session.
- Incoming international Freshmen will register with the Academic Counselors on July 16.
- An Email from firstname.lastname@example.org will be sent to all students once SPOP assignments have been set and will include details of advising and registration process.
- Students will be advised by and register with the Arts Student Affairs team.
- SPOP sessions will run from July through August. Participation is required for all freshmen.
Arts Transfer Advising & Registration: https://www.arts.uci.edu/arts-transfer-advising
- Incoming domestic and international Transfers were sent an email from Arts Student Affairs on June 2 with advising and registration instructions.
- Virtual session dates will be June 16, 17, 21, and 22. Students who are unable to attend a virtual session will register on July 8.
- Transfer SPOP (TSPOP) sessions will be in August. Participation is required for all transfers.
- Transfer Student Center
- Transfer Boost - Summer 2021
Graduate Student Orientation & Advising
- Mandatory Campuswide Orientation - TBD. Check your UCI email for registration information
- CTSA Mandatory Orientation - Wednesday of Welcome Week
- Program advising is conducted by the Grad Faculty Advisor of your program
Please view the following information to supplement your Orientation:
Guide to Thrive - Use this guide to learn the different terms used on UCI's campus.
UCI General Catalogue - Refer to the Catalogue for course descriptions, university policies, prerequisite information, and major and minor requirements
About the Arts Student Affairs Office - Learn more about your Academic Counselors and the department
Arts FAQs - A quick reference guide for new students
Graduation Requirements - Requirements to graduate with an undergraduate degree from the Claire Trevor School of the Arts at UCI
Major Requirements - Undergraduate Degree Requirements for your major
Schedule of Classes - View all of the course offerings for the upcoming quarter
New Student Checklist - View the New Student Checklist for Freshmen and Transfers
Like us on Facebook to keep up to date with student opportunities and important announcements.
- Registrar’s Office
- General Catalogue
- Schedule of Classes
- Quarterly Academic Calendar
- Student Access
- Change of Major
- General Petition
- Unit Increase Request
- FERPA Release Form
- Transferring Courses to UCI
- Study Abroad Advising Form