New Student Advising
2023 Summer Orientation, Advising, and Registration
For more information about summer orientation and advising please check back in May 2023. For more information, visit the UCI Orientation website.
Freshmen Orientation (SPOP): https://orientation.uci.edu/first-year/index.php
- All students will be sent an email from UCI Orientation regarding registration for SPOP on May 18.
- Incoming domestic Freshmen will register during their SPOP session (Day 1). For more information about what is expected of students for that day: https://www.arts.uci.edu/arts-spop
- Incoming international Freshmen will register with the Academic Counselors on a separate date. For more information: https://www.arts.uci.edu/arts-ispop
- An Email from email@example.com will be sent to all students once SPOP assignments have been set and will include details of advising and registration process.
- Students will be advised by and register with the Arts Student Affairs team on their designated SPOP/Registration day.
- In-Person SPOP sessions will run from July through August. Participation is required for all freshmen.
Arts Transfer Advising & Registration: https://www.arts.uci.edu/arts-transfer-advising
- Incoming domestic and international Transfers will be sent an email from Arts Student Affairs (firstname.lastname@example.org) on June 2 with advising and registration instructions.
- In-person and remote registration dates will be between June 22-23*. Students who are unable to attend a registration session will be advised via email and register starting on June 26.
- Transfer SPOP (TSPOP) sessions will be in August. Participation is required for all transfers.
- Transfer Student Center
- Transfer Boost
*Dates and times are subject to change due to transfer numbers.
Graduate Student Orientation & Advising
- Mandatory Campuswide Orientation - TBD. Check your UCI email for registration information
- CTSA Mandatory Orientation - Wednesday of Welcome Week and will be offered remotely and in-person
- Program advising is conducted by the Grad Faculty Advisor of your program
Please view the following information to supplement your Orientation:
Guide to Thrive - Use this guide to learn the different terms used on UCI's campus.
UCI General Catalogue - Refer to the Catalogue for course descriptions, university policies, prerequisite information, and major and minor requirements
About the Arts Student Affairs Office - Learn more about your Academic Counselors and the department
Arts FAQs - A quick reference guide for new students
Graduation Requirements - Requirements to graduate with an undergraduate degree from the Claire Trevor School of the Arts at UCI
Major Requirements - Undergraduate Degree Requirements for your major
Registering for Classes - View this PowerPoint for directions on how to register for classes. More information on registering for classes and logging into WebReg is available here.
Schedule of Classes - View all of the course offerings for the upcoming quarter
New Student Checklist - View the New Student Checklist for Freshmen and Transfers
Like us on Facebook to keep up to date with student opportunities and important announcements.
- Registrar’s Office
- General Catalogue
- Schedule of Classes
- Quarterly Academic Calendar
- Student Access
- Change of Major
- General Petition
- Unit Increase Request
- FERPA Release Form
- Transferring Courses to UCI
- Study Abroad Advising Form