Student Affairs Office
Click here to read the Student Continuity Plan
from the Office of the Vice Provost for Teaching and Learning
The Claire Trevor School of the Arts Student Affairs Office provides Arts students services in academic counseling, orientation, study plans, transfer course evaluations, schedule changes, and degree checks.
Congratulations to our graduating Peer Academic Advisors, Jacob Boarnet & Isaiah Tadros! They have been advising with us since 2018. We will miss you both!
ADVISING SERVICES **UPDATED 6/24/2020**
Some or all instruction for all or part of Academic Year 20-21 may be delivered remotely. Tuition and mandatory fees have been set regardless of the method of instruction and will not be refunded in the event instruction occurs remotely for any part of the Academic Year.
We will continue to hold our "office hours" during our normal business hours: Monday - Friday, 9 AM - 12 PM and 1 PM - 4 PM. You can reach us through the following avenues during the summer:
Email - Students can either email our general email account or to a specific Arts Academic Counselor (please email ONLY ONE account)
- General Email – email@example.com
- Amy Kim - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jennifer Wong - email@example.com
- Martha Martinez – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jennifer Wong – email@example.com
As we are dealing with a high volume of emails, please allow at least 24-48 hours for a response.
Arts Chat is an online live chat service available for students to ask general counseling or advising related questions. Counselors and Peer Academic Advisors from the Arts Student Affairs team will be available at certain times to answer general questions related to the following:
- Policies and Procedures Degree Requirements for Arts Majors
- Change of Major Requirements for Arts Majors
- Prerequisite Information/Prerequisite Clearance
- Enrollment Issues
- Excess Unit Request
- Course Offering Information
Arts Chat is intended for questions that can be answered quickly. Please email Arts Student Affairs or schedule an appointment with an academic counselor to discuss questions and/or advisement that require more time. NOTE: Arts Chat is NOT intended to answer questions related to:
- Career Counseling
- Admissions Counseling
- Transcript Evaluation
- Graduation Checks
- Creating a Study Plan
- Academic Probation or Disqualification
- Personal/Crisis/Mental Health Counseling
Arts Chat is not available for Personal/Crisis/Mental Health Counseling. UC Irvine students in need of these services should contact the UCI Counseling Center directly: http://www.counseling.uci.edu/.
Arts Chat is available Monday - Friday, 10 AM - 12 PM & 1 - 3 PM (hours subject to change). To connect via Arts Chat, click on the icon below:
Students can schedule an appointment with an academic counselor. All appointments between the student and academic counselor will be via Google Meet (accessible via UCI Google Apps or https://meet.google.com) through your UCI Gmail account. Appointments are 15 minutes.
To schedule an appointment:
- Log into: https://appointments.web.uci.edu/default.aspx?calendar=31.
- Follow the steps to schedule an appointment.
- You will receive a Google Meet invite from an academic counselor at least one day before your appointment.
- Accept your invite to confirm your appointment.
- 5 minutes before your appointment time, access the link in the invite to meet with your counselor.
- For details of how Arts courses will be conducted online, please reach out directly to the instructor listed on the Schedule of Classes. You can find contact information for all instructors on the UCI Campus Directory.
- To request a unit increase request for fall 2020:
- To submit a general petition for the Arts: https://uci.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3IVb2VqrMhnYhzD
- University Registrar questions: http://reg.uci.edu/addl/faq_covid.html
ARTS CAMPUS TOURS
Take an in-depth tour of the Arts campus and learn more about the Arts programs with a current Arts student. Tours are 30 minutes in length and do not include a classroom visit. Tours take place on the following dates and times during the winter quarter:
Update as of 6/24/2020: In-person Arts Campus Tours will be suspended for the fall 2020 quarter. Check back in late summer for fall quarter information sessions. If you have general questions about the UCI Arts programs, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To take a virtual tour of UCI, please visit https://www.youvisit.com/tour/uci.
Update as of 6/24/2020: All Arts Campus buildings are closed for the summer.
The Arts Student Affairs Office is located on the first floor of the Mesa Arts Building (bldg # 58 on the campus map), Room 101. The closest parking to the Claire Trevor School of the Arts is the Mesa Parking Structure. For driving directions, please click HERE.
Arts Student Affairs Office
101 Mesa Arts Building
Irvine, CA 92697-2775