Arts Transfer Advising & Registration 2021
Virtual Academic Advising & Registration for Incoming Arts Transfer Students
Congratulations on your acceptance to the UCI Arts program! We are excited to have you join us in the fall.
Please follow the steps below for advisement and registration instructions for the fall quarter. Your academic hold will be lifted on the day of your virtual registration session. Check your email for more information about the process. Email sent to fall 2021 transfers on June 2.
Note: Please do not schedule an appointment with an Arts Academic Counselor if you have not yet completed this process and registered for courses. You may schedule an appointment once you've registered for the fall.
1. ACTIVATE YOUR UCInetID
- You can do this on the Office of Information Technology's website.
- Remember your password!
- Your UCInetID = Your UCI Email
- How to Activate your ID!
2. COMPLETE the Registration Survey
- Link to Arts Registration Survey: https://uci.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_4GberCqlntWYeLc
- You must use your UCI email to complete the survey
- In this survey, you will need to
- Upload a copy of your unofficial transcripts from your previous institutions
- Once you complete the survey, you will receive an email from an Arts Academic Counselor with your Arts Transfer Evaluation and recommended course registration for the fall quarter.
3. WATCH the following Arts Transfer Advising presentations
Please watch all the presentations, take notes, and pay close attention to the information covered. Students are responsible for all the information covered in these presentations. These presentations can be replayed over again if you miss anything. Feel free to stop, pause, or restart the video if necessary. Be sure to turn up the volume on your computer before you start to hear the presentation clearly.
General Education Requirements (9:24) *You will only need to watch if you did not complete an IGETC or GEs at your previous institution
How to Register for Classes (8:54)
WATCH the following Arts Major presentations - You only need to watch the presentation that pertains to you major
Art Major (15:20)
Dance Major (17:51)
Drama Major (26:02) *If you are not interested in the Musical Theatre program, you can skip the section between 12:11-20:36.
Music Major (15:14)
4. Start Planning Your Courses
Once you complete the presentations, start looking through the fall schedule. Use the following resources to help plan your fall schedule (make more than one plan!):
- Emailed Arts Transfer Evaluation from Arts Academic Counselor (check your personal and UCI emails)
- UCI Catalogue
- Schedule of Classes
- How to use WebReg
- ART STUDENTS: Recommended Course Matriculation for Transfers
- MUSIC STUDENTS: Schedule Planning Worksheet
- MUSIC THEATRE STUDENTS: Schedule Planning Worksheet
5. Join your Arts Transfer Advising & Registration Session
- Dates for virtual sessions will be 6/16, 6/17, 6/21, & 6/22.
- You will receive your Zoom link the day before your session
- If you are in a different time zone, use this Time Zone Converter.
- Have your questions ready
- Have your tentative schedule(s) readily available as you will start registering for courses during this session
- For those who are unable to attend a session or miss your virtual session, you will register on your own on Thursday, July 8 at 9AM PT.
6. Participate in TSPOP with UCI Orientation
- Learn more about UCI and meet other incoming transfers and current students
Additional Resources to Explore (video tutorials & Manuals)
- The Enrollment Process
- WebReg Instructions
- Navigating StudentAccess (student portal)
- Understanding What Things Mean at UCI - Guide to Thrive
- Transfer Boost - Free 6-week Workshop for Incoming Transfers during Summer Session I
- Transfer Edge - Early Start Summer Program for Incoming Transfers during Summer Session II
- UCI Transfer Student Center
- Registrar’s Office
- General Catalogue
- Schedule of Classes
- Quarterly Academic Calendar
- Student Access
- Change of Major
- General Petition
- Unit Increase Request
- FERPA Release Form
- Transferring Courses to UCI
- Study Abroad Advising Form