Arts Advising & Registration for International Freshman
How to Prepare for your Advising and Registration Session on July 18 & 19
If you are a domestic student or plan to attend a domestic SPOP, please go to this page here.
As you are an international student, you WILL NOT be registering during the ISPOP session in August, but on Tuesday, July 19 at 9:00 AM PDT (Time Zone Converter). We will be hosting a virtual group advising session on Monday, July 18 at 5:00 PM PDT to go over expectations and recommended course registration. If you are unable to attend this session, email email@example.com.
TO COMPLETE BEFORE JULY 19
Accessing UCI Systems
- Be sure to access to your UCINetID and have the proper access to the UCI technology requirements:
- UCI Technology Requirements: https://sites.uci.edu/learnanywhere/new-students/
- Your UCInetID
- Your UCI Google Account
- UCI's Canvas Learning Management System
- Laptop Requirements: https://techprep.oit.uci.edu/laptop-requirements-students/
- UCI VPN: https://www.oit.uci.edu/services/security/vpn/
- UCI Orientation International SPOP Page: https://orientation.uci.edu/international/index.php
Canvas Modules for Advising & Registration - Invitation sent to UCI Email
It is expected that you go through the modules in the Claire Trevor School of the Arts SPOP Advising/Registration 22-23 Canvas page before you participate in the advising and registration portion of SPOP. There is a lot of information to go through, allow yourself a few hours to complete. Make sure that you “Mark as Done” after going through each module to ensure that you can continue.
- Modules that MUST be completed BEFORE July 19:
- Introduction & Overview
- UCI Academic Structure (MODULE 1)
- What You Need to Graduate (MODULE 2)
- Registration Preparation (MODULE 3)
- How to Register for Classes (MODULE 4)
Modules include PowerPoint presentations, videos, printable PDFs, and links as resources for you to access.Once you complete these modules, start building your fall quarter schedule (more than 1) and familiarize yourself with the Schedule of Classes, UCI Catalogue, and WebReg.
If you have any issues accessing the modules, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Attend the Virtual Advising Session
The Academic Counselors from the Arts Student Affairs team will host a virtual advising session on Monday, July 18 at 5:00 PM PDT. If you are in a different time zone and need to calculate the correct local time, use https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html.
- To register for this session: https://uci.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJAqfuCtrjwtG9ZrGsCg-ZJIg-Fvt7kIpirK
Please note that the advising and registration session is ONLY for incoming international students who are Arts majors. We can only accommodate those assigned to the specific session and we will be taking attendance.
If you are unable to attend this session, we will advise you via email: email@example.com.
DAY OF YOUR REGISTRATION
It is expected that you have gone through the advising and registration modules before your registration on July 19 @ 9:00 AM PDT. Our office will be checking the Claire Trevor School of the Arts SPOP Advising/Registration 22-23 page to see which students have gone through the modules. Your academic hold will not be removed unless you complete the modules.
AFTER YOUR REGISTRATION SESSION
- Continue to go through the UCI Orientation SPOP Canvas modules as they are released and review the Claire Trevor School of the Arts SPOP Advising/Registration 22-23 Canvas modules.
- If you have any questions related to UCI Admissions (test scores, transcripts, admission status, etc.), please contact them through the UCI Application Portal.
- Due to SPOP sessions and scheduling, appointments with Arts Academic Counselors for incoming first-year students will not be available until mid-August 2022.
- Attend ISPOP on 9/13 & 9/14: https://orientation.uci.edu/international/index.php.
- Check your UCI email for updated information about fall instruction and Welcome Week schedule (including auditions and placement exams).
Additional Resources to Explore (video tutorials & Manuals)
- How to Register for Classes at UCI
- Navigating StudentAccess (student portal)
- Understanding What Things Mean at UCI - Guide to Thrive
- UCI International Center
- UCI General Catalogue - Refer to the Catalogue for course descriptions, university policies, prerequisite information, and major and minor requirements
- About the Arts Student Affairs Office - Learn more about your Academic Counselors and the department
- Arts FAQs - A quick reference guide for new students
- Schedule of Classes - View all of the course offerings for the upcoming quarter
- New Student Checklist - View the New Student Checklist for Freshmen and Transfers
- Like us on Facebook to keep up to date with student opportunities and important announcements.
- Registrar’s Office
- General Catalogue
- Schedule of Classes
- Quarterly Academic Calendar
- Student Access
- Change of Major
- General Petition
- Unit Increase Request
- FERPA Release Form
- Transferring Courses to UCI
- Study Abroad Advising Form