Arts Advising & Registration During SPOP
How to Prepare for your SPOP Session
If you are an international student, please go to the page here.
TO COMPLETE BEFORE YOUR SPOP SESSION
Accessing UCI Systems
- Be sure to access to your UCINetID and have the proper access to the UCI technology requirements:
- UCI Technology Requirements: https://sites.uci.edu/learnanywhere/new-students/
- Your UCInetID
- Your UCI Google Account
- UCI's Canvas Learning Management System
- Registering your device to the UCInet Mobile Access (Wi-Fi): https://www.oit.uci.edu/services/infrastructure/mobile/
- Laptop Requirements: https://techprep.oit.uci.edu/laptop-requirements-students/
- We are requiring students to bring either a laptop or a tablet for their SPOP Session to register for courses for fall 2022. If you will not have access to a laptop or tablet with Wi-Fi access on the day of your SPOP session, let us know at email@example.com.
- UCI Orientation First Years SPOP Page: https://orientation.uci.edu/first-year/index.php
Canvas Modules for Advising & Registration - Invitation sent to UCI Email
It is expected that you go through the modules in the Claire Trevor School of the Arts SPOP Advising/Registration 22-23 Canvas page before you participate in the advising and registration portion of SPOP. There is a lot of information to go through, allow yourself a few hours to complete. Make sure that you “Mark as Done” after going through each module to ensure that you can continue.
- Modules that MUST be completed BEFORE your SPOP Session
- Introduction & Overview
- UCI Academic Structure (MODULE 1)
- What You Need to Graduate (MODULE 2)
- Registration Preparation (MODULE 3)
- How to Register for Classes (MODULE 4)
Modules include PowerPoint presentations, videos, printable PDFs, and links as resources for you to access.Once you complete these modules, start building your fall quarter schedule (more than 1) and familiarize yourself with the Schedule of Classes, UCI Catalogue, and WebReg.
If you have any issues accessing the modules, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
DAY OF YOUR SPOP SESSION
It is expected that you have gone through the advising and registration modules before your SPOP session. Our office will be checking the Claire Trevor School of the Arts SPOP Advising/Registration 22-23 page to see which students have gone through the modules. There will be a quiz during the presentation. Students who have not gone through the Canvas modules for advising by their assigned SPOP session may be required to register on another day.
AFTER YOUR SPOP SESSION
- Continue to go through the UCI Orientation SPOP Canvas modules as they are released and review the Claire Trevor School of the Arts SPOP Advising/Registration 22-23 Canvas modules.
- If you have any questions related to UCI Admissions (test scores, transcripts, admission status, etc.), please contact them through the UCI Application Portal.
- Due to SPOP sessions and scheduling, appointments with Arts Academic Counselors for incoming first-year students will not be available until mid-August 2022.
- Check your UCI email for updated information about fall instruction and Welcome Week schedule (including auditions and placement exams).
Additional Resources to Explore (video tutorials & Manuals)
- How to Register for Classes at UCI
- Navigating StudentAccess (student portal)
- Understanding What Things Mean at UCI - Guide to Thrive
- UCI International Center
- UCI General Catalogue - Refer to the Catalogue for course descriptions, university policies, prerequisite information, and major and minor requirements
- About the Arts Student Affairs Office - Learn more about your Academic Counselors and the department
- Arts FAQs - A quick reference guide for new students
- Schedule of Classes - View all of the course offerings for the upcoming quarter
- New Student Checklist - View the New Student Checklist for Freshmen and Transfers
- Like us on Facebook to keep up to date with student opportunities and important announcements.
- Registrar’s Office
- General Catalogue
- Schedule of Classes
- Quarterly Academic Calendar
- Student Access
- Change of Major
- General Petition
- Unit Increase Request
- FERPA Release Form
- Transferring Courses to UCI
- Study Abroad Advising Form