Arts Academic Advising
Arts Student Affairs offers advising services via email, online chat, virtual walk-ins, and virtual appointments.
Office Hours: Monday - Friday: 9 AM - 12 PM and 1 - 4 PM
Students can either email our general email account or to a specific Arts Academic Counselor or Peer Academic Advisor (please email ONLY ONE account):
Peer Academic Advisors (PAA)
As we are dealing with a high volume of emails, please allow at least 24-48 hours for a response. Peer Academic Advisors will only respond to emails during their designated office hours.
If you are a current student, please remember to use your UCI email address when corresponding with anyone at the University.
Arts Chat is an online live chat service available for students to ask general counseling or advising related questions. Counselors and Peer Academic Advisors from the Arts Student Affairs team will be available at certain times to answer general questions related to the following:
- Policies and Procedures Degree Requirements for Arts Majors
- Change of Major Requirements for Arts Majors
- Prerequisite Information/Prerequisite Clearance
- Enrollment Issues
- Excess Unit Request
- Course Offering Information
Arts Chat is intended for questions that can be answered quickly. Please email Arts Student Affairs or schedule an appointment with an academic counselor to discuss questions and/or advisement that require more time. NOTE: Arts Chat is NOT intended to answer questions related to:
- Career Counseling
- Admissions Counseling
- Transcript Evaluation
- Graduation Checks
- Creating a Study Plan
- Academic Probation or Disqualification
- Personal/Crisis/Mental Health Counseling
Arts Chat is not available for Personal/Crisis/Mental Health Counseling. UC Irvine students in need of these services should contact the UCI Counseling Center directly.
Arts Chat is available Monday - Friday, 9 AM - 12 PM & 1 - 4 PM (hours subject to change). To connect via Arts Chat, click on the icon below:
Same day walk-in appointments are available Monday - Friday, 10AM–12PM and 1–3PM, depending on the availability of advising staff.
To see if an academic counselor is available:
- Open up Arts Chat
- Enter your information
- Wait for a response from a member of the Arts Student Affairs team
- If an academic counselor is available, you will be provided with a link to meet the counselor
- Once you receive the link, log off of Arts Chat, and start your walk-in appointment
Current UCI students can schedule an appointment with an Arts Academic Counselor. All appointments between the student and academic counselor will be via Google Meet (accessible via UCI Google Apps or https://meet.google.com) or UCI Zoom (uci.zoom.us). Appointments are a maximum 20 minutes.
To schedule an appointment:
- Log into: https://appointments.web.uci.edu/default.aspx?office=13
- Click on the “Arts Academic Advising” button
- Complete the form with your reason for scheduling an appointment
- Pick an available day and time (Appointments are 20 minutes in length and can be scheduled up to two weeks in advance)
- You will receive a Google Meet or Zoom invite from an academic counselor at least one day before your appointment.
- Accept your invite to confirm your appointment.
- 5 minutes before your appointment time, access the link in the invite to meet with your counselor.
- Same-day appointments are not available. Check the virtual walk-in schedule or Arts Chat.
- To cancel or make changes to an appointment, please log back into the system.
- There is a 3 hour cancellation window. If you do not cancel within the 3 hour window or are a no-show, you will not be allowed to reschedule an appointment for 5 days.
- Please contact our office if you will be late for your appointment. If you are no-show more than twice a quarter, you will not be allowed to schedule any appointments for the remainder of the quarter and may only meet with an advisor during walk-in hours.
- Week 1 each quarter is limited to walk-ins only, appointments begin week 2.
- Graduate Students may only schedule an appointment with Jennifer Wong.
(For Arts Undergraduates Only)
Join the Arts Student Affairs team to go over the Winter 2021 schedule and to answer questions about your program (major and minors). The Winter 2021 schedule will be released at the end of WEEK 5 of the fall quarter. Registration is required to attend a session:
|Program||Date||Time||Link to Register|
|Art||Tuesday, November 17, 2020||2:30 PM||Register|
|Dance||Monday, November 16, 2020||2:30 PM||Register|
|Drama||Thursday, November 19, 2020||1:00 PM||Register|
|Music||Wednesday, November 18, 2020||11:00 AM||Register|
If you are unable to attend, you can still reach out to the team via any of the means listed on this page.
(For Arts Undergraduates Only)
If you are planning to complete your degree in Winter 2021, Spring 2021, or Summer 2021, and have questions about the Application to Graduation process, the Arts Student Affairs team will be hosting one-hour virtual information sessions about the process and will review the steps graduating students need to know to complete their degree on time. Registration is required to attend a session:
|Date||Time||Link To Register|
|*NEW* Friday, November 6, 2020||3:00 PM||Register|
|Wednesday, November 4, 2020||11:00 AM||Register|
*Please note that there will not be any updates regarding the UCI Commencement ceremony during this session. For more information about the ceremony, please visit the UCI Commencement site in a future quarter.