Arts Academic Advising
Arts Student Affairs offers advising services via email, online chat, virtual walk-ins, virtual appointments, and workshops.
Virtual Office Hours: Monday - Friday: 9 AM - 12 PM and 1 - 4 PM
Students can either email our general email account or to a specific Arts Academic Counselor or Peer Academic Advisor (please email ONLY ONE account):
Peer Academic Advisors (PAA)
- Moses Carter
- Sawyer Maier
- LG Malunes
As we are dealing with a high volume of emails, please allow at least 24-48 hours for a response. Peer Academic Advisors will only respond to emails during their designated office hours.
If you are a current student, please remember to use your UCI email address when corresponding with anyone at the University.
Arts Chat is an online live chat service available for students to ask general counseling or advising related questions. Counselors and Peer Academic Advisors from the Arts Student Affairs team will be available at certain times to answer general questions.
Arts Chat is available Monday - Friday, 9 AM-12 PM & 1-4 PM (Hours subject to change depending on availability; Arts Chat not available on Fridays from 11-12 PM PDT due to staff meeting).
To connect via Arts Chat, click on the icon below:
Same day walk-in appointments are available Monday - Friday, 10–11:45AM and 1–3:45PM, depending on the availability of advising staff.
To see if an academic counselor is available:
- Open up Arts Chat
- Enter your information
- Wait for a response from a member of the Arts Student Affairs team
- If an academic counselor is available, you will be provided with a link to meet the counselor
- Once you receive the link, log off of Arts Chat, and start your walk-in appointment
Current UCI students can schedule an appointment with an Arts Academic Counselor. Appointments between the student and academic counselor will be offered virtually or in-person. Appointments are a maximum 20 minutes.
To schedule an appointment:
- Log into: https://appointments.web.uci.edu/default.aspx?office=13
- Click on the “Arts Academic Advising” button
- Complete the form with your reason for scheduling an appointment. All appointments will default to virtual (UCI Zoom). If you prefer in-person, please type "in-person" in your reason for scheduling an appointment.
- Pick an available day and time (Appointments are 20 minutes in length and can be scheduled up to two weeks in advance)
- You will receive a UCI Zoom invite from an academic counselor at least one hour before your appointment.
- Accept your invite to confirm your appointment.
- 5 minutes before your appointment time, access the link in the invite to meet with your counselor.
- Same-day appointments are not available. Check the virtual walk-in schedule or Arts Chat.
- To cancel or make changes to an appointment, please log back into the system.
- There is a 3 hour cancellation window. If you do not cancel within the 3 hour window or are a no-show, you will not be allowed to reschedule an appointment for 5 days.
- Please contact our office if you will be late for your appointment. If you are no-show more than twice a quarter, you will not be allowed to schedule any appointments for the remainder of the quarter and may only meet with an advisor during walk-in hours.
- Week 1 each quarter is limited to walk-ins only, appointments begin week 2.
- Graduate Students may only schedule an appointment with Jennifer Wong.
(For Arts Undergraduates Only)
Join the Arts Student Affairs team to go over the Fall 2021 schedule and to answer questions about your program (major and minors). The Fall 2021 schedule will be released at the end of WEEK 5 of the spring quarter. To register for a session, click on the "Register" link next to the session you want to attend (all times PDT; use Time Zone Converter to find your time zone):
|Art Majors & Minors||Slides|
|Drama Majors & Minors||Slides|
Google Slide Decks for Spring 2021:
|Advising Cram Session - First Years||https://tinyurl.com/ArtsSpring21|
|Advising Cram Session - Finding GEs||https://tinyurl.com/ArtsSpringGEs21|
- Registrar’s Office
- General Catalogue
- Schedule of Classes
- Quarterly Academic Calendar
- Student Access
- Change of Major
- General Petition
- Unit Increase Request
- FERPA Release Form
- Transferring Courses to UCI
- Study Abroad Advising Form