Summer Orientation Advising Exception
Summer Orientation Advising Exception - Fall 2020
Please follow the steps below for advisement and registration instructions for the fall quarter. Your academic hold will not be lifted until you complete these steps.
This process may take at least 3-5 days, so plan accordingly.
1. ACTIVATE YOUR UCInetID
- You can do this on the Office of Information Technology's website.
- Remember your password!
2. WATCH the following Advising presentations
Please watch all the presentations, take notes, and pay close attention to the information covered. Students are responsible for all the information covered in these presentations. These presentations can be replayed over again if you miss anything. Feel free to stop, pause, or restart the video if necessary. Be sure to turn up the volume on your computer before you start to hear the presentation clearly.
- Introduction to Arts Student Affairs (9:09)
- Undergraduate Degree Requirements (14:47)
- General Education Requirements (9:21)
- How to Register for Classes (8:53)
- After Registration (6:00)
3. WATCH the following Major presentations - You only need to watch the presentation that pertains to you major. If you are Arts Undeclared, select the major that best aligns with your interests.
- Art Major (17:39)
- Dance Major (21:03)
- Drama Major (26:02) *If you are not interested in the Musical Theatre program, you can skip the section between 12:11-20:36.
- Music Major (15:14)
4. Complete the Arts Freshman Advising Survey
Once you complete the presentations, please complete the survey in order to continue with the enrollment process.
Before you begin the survey, you will need to have any unofficial transcript(s) from your previous institution(s) - must be in PDF - available to upload. You will also be quizzed* on the presentation videos. Upon completion of the survey, the Arts Student Affairs office will receive an automated email notification of your completion.
*Note that if you do not pass the quiz, you may be asked to review the presentations again, which will delay your ability to register.
5. Once Email Confirmation is Received, Arts Student Affairs will Email You with Further Instructions
After we receive your survey confirmation, you will receive an email (within 3-5 business days) from the Arts Student Affairs team that includes:
- Confirmation that your academic hold has been lifted
- Recommended course enrollment for fall quarter
You will then go to WebReg and enroll in your classes.
We will also be sending a follow-up email to all new incoming students with regard to mandatory events/meetings, auditions, and placement tests taking place during Welcome Week. You can keep an eye on the Welcome Week website throughout the summer, as it will be updated as information becomes available.