HOSSEIN OMOUMI & FRIENDS / MASTER OF PERSIAN MUSIC IN CONCERT / APR. 14
Join us for an evening of fabulous Persian music by Hossein Omoumi, Jessika Kenney, Kiya Tabassian, and Ziya Tabassian.
This concert is in two parts:
Part I- Haft âssemân (Seven Skies)
- Pish Daramâd- 2/4
- Châhâr Mezrâb- 6/8
- Darâmad of Bayat-e Tork
- Masnavi- Based on the poetry of Erâghi (13th c.)- 7/8
- Kord-o Bayât– Poetry of Hâfez (14th c.)- 5/8
- Tasnif of Haft Assemân- Poetry of Rumi (13th c.)- 7/8
Part II- âvâ-ye Bahâr (Voices of Spring) all Poetry by Attâr (13th c.) except Suz-o Godâz and Tasnif of Bahâr âmad.
- Pish Daramâd- Composed by M. Neydavoud- 4/4
- Darâmad of Bayât-e Esfahân
- Chahârmezrâb- 6/8
- Bayât-e Shirâz
- Suz-o Godâz- (Poetry of Bâbâtâher, 11th c.)- 2/4
- Bayât-e Râje
- Modulation from Rohâb to Erâgh
- Tasnif of Bahâr âmad (Poetry of Rumi, 13th c.)-7/8 and Nahoft
- Kharâmân- 4/4
- âvâ-ye Bahâr, Voices of Spring- 6/8
- Reng- Sorce: Ostâd Hormozi- 6/8
Apr. 14 @ 8:00 p.m.
Winifred Smith Hall
General Admission $16 / Seniors $14 / Children under 17 & UCI Students with ID $11*
Purchase tickets through the Arts Box Office, (949) 824-2787 or online
*UCI STUDENTS!! Get even bigger discounts by purchasing an Arts Pass -- ask about it at the Box Office or at UCItems in the Student Center.